You are all dressed up with somewhere to go. The makeup is perfect. The armpits are dry. The hair turned out just so. And then, just as someone is remarking how lovely you look, IT happens! The dread hotflash! There is help on the way! Sniff Clary Sage! You don’t have to wear it. Carry it with you and as soon as you feel that flash coming on, whip it out and inhale. The results are outstanding.
For PMS, cramps, delayed or irregular menstruation and menopause, Clary Sage belongs in your medicine cabinet. Clary Sage is also a strong healer both physically and psychologically. When worn, this oil reduces anxiety, fear and depression. It brings long lasting tranquillity and is a great “pick-me-up” when you are experiencing melancholy.
Clary Sage opens up our creative and intuitive power centers. Therefore, when we are involved in a creative project, by wearing, sniffing or burning this stupendous oil for creativity or inspiration will flow much easier! During an asthma attack, inhale to ease the tightness in the bronchial tubes.
Epileptics should never use Clary Sage because of its powerful effect on the central nervous system. Also, never take any medication containing iron.
Oils that blend well with Clary Sage:
- Jasmine: For problems related to personal relationship issues
- Coriander: Migraines and Sleeplessness
- Chamomile: Cramps related to digestive system
- Fennel: Gallbladder Attacks Either add 10 drops of Clary Sage to the bath + equal amounts of Jasmine, Coriander, Chamomile or Fennel OR make a compress by adding 4-6 drops of Clary Sage plus equal amounts of above mentioned oils to hot water. Dip small towel or washcloth into water and apply to area of discomfort.
Other Oils for the Winter Medicine Chest
- Basil – Clears Sinuses • Black Pepper – Warms you up on those cold days
- Eucalyptus – Expectorant, respiratory aid
- Neroli – Antidepressant, dry skin softener
- Nutmeg – Rheumatism, money drawer
- Palmarosa – Dry skin and wrinkles
- Peppermint – Digestion, warming
- Poho Blend – Respiratory aid
- Rosemary – Arthritis, skin and hair